insiderPR turns 5 this month! When we started in 2017, only $560M was invested in the African tech ecosystem. This year we are on target to exceed $5B. We’re proud to have been part of the growth story of over 100 startups, helping them amplify their story, clarify their vision and access significant funding. We’ve helped our clients feature in 1000 media pieces and counting.
From Nigeria to Colombia, insiderPR is incredibly bullish about the importance of technology and startups in solving significant problems and returning incredible value to stakeholders. We continue to be inspired by the outstanding entrepreneurs and businesses we work with who champion innovation in emerging markets.
Aubrey and Eliot, Insider’s co-founders, marked the 5-year anniversary with the launch of Tofino capital, an early-stage VC fund focused on backing stellar entrepreneurs in frontier markets. You can read up here: Tofino Capital reaches first close of $10M fund to back startups in frontier markets
Insiders in The News
Tick… Tick… Boom! Q1 results are in | Africa: The Big Deal
Why LatAm Is On The Rise | NFX
Here’s what’s happening in Web3 across Africa | Michael Kimani, Cointelegraph
- Tech firms face higher levies as Kenya plans to double digital service tax | TechCrunch
- East Africa Com: May 10th – 11th
- Good Tech Fest: May 10th – 11th
- Incorporating Fund Forum: May 10th – 13th
- Blockchain Expo North America: May 11th – 12th
- Africa Energies Summit: May 17th – 19th
- : May 18th – 20th
- TechCrunch Sessions: Mobility 2022: May 18th – 20th
- Fintech World Forum: May 23rd – 24th
- LendIt Fintech USA: May 25th – 26th
- GSMA: The State of the Industry Report on Mobile Money 2021 provides key insights into the trends and opportunities of the mobile money sector globally, and the role it plays in driving financial inclusion for the underserved.