It’s women’s history month, and we’re taking the opportunity to appreciate female entrepreneurs worldwide, shattering ceilings and breaking new ground. Our work at insiderPR allows us to work with brilliant female entrepreneurs in emerging markets who are thriving despite the challenges they face–funding is a major one. For example, in 2021, female-founded startups took just 16% of the total equity funding recorded in African markets, only a 2% improvement from the previous year.
As a firm committed to achieving gender balance, our team, over 50% female, works daily to help women entrepreneurs gain better visibility, attracting more deserved funding. Every day is women’s day for us. We wanted to highlight two of our leading entrepreneurs at InsiderPR who are building amazing businesses in Africa and Latin America:
Insiders In The News
Busting the African startup bubble myth | Nicole Dunn
Investments flood into Africa’s B2B e-commerce startups | Rest of World
- Finance gender gap costs Africa $95bn per year | African Business
- IFC Global Private Equity Conference: April 4th – 6th
- LogiPharma: April 5th – 7th
- TED 2022: April 10th
- TechCrunch Early Stage 2022: April 14th
- World Bank Annual Spring Meetings: April 18th – 24th
- Empire Fintech Conference: April 19th
- BloombergNEF Summit: April 19th – 20th
- Forbes 30 under 30 Summit: April 24th – 28th
insiderPR was in Cairo on the 19th of March for 500 Global Founders and Friends Dinner. We had a great time connecting with leading MENA startup founders, investors, and ecosystem stakeholders.
Briter Bridges has tracked over 500 startups that raised $1 million+ for a total of over $13 billion. Below are the 250 most funded innovators on the African continent.
- We share a snapshot of Africa’s payment platforms and gateways from Briter’s #ProductInsights series on how Africa’s tech ecosystem works.